Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's your basic knowledge of religions?

Every time I've been in the car today, talk radio hosts have been taking about a Pew poll that supposedly shows a startling level of ignorance on the part of Americans when it comes to basic knowledge of religions. Apparently, many Americans don't know what Ramadan is, what religion Mother Theresa was, or what Biblical figure led the Jews out of slavery in Egypt.

I went and took a little online quiz associated with the survey, expecting it to be hard. It turns out to be so basic that I think whoever scores significantly less than I did--and I got 14 out of 15 questions correct, which means I scored better than 97% of the public--should be very ashamed of themselves.

(And I'd even argue that the question I missed is badly done, because there are two equally correct answers among the multiple choices. Take a good look at Question #14 and tell me if you agree.)

Take the quiz by clicking here. There's no registration or any log-ins needed. And be a sport and post your score in the Comment section below. Tell us how many you got right, and where you fall.

1 comment:

  1. I got 13 out of 15....
    I had numbers 4 and 15 wrong.

    Damn, I should have known the Jewish question.

    ReplyDelete