Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Monday, October 8, 2012

My feet are not long fellows.

Lester Smith of Popcorn Press is putting together another Halloween poetry and short-short fiction anthology--this one is titled Cthulhu Haiku & Other Mythos Madness.

Since I am in a poetic mood at the moment--I am putting the finishing touches on a little collection of Robert E. Howard poems for release by NUELOW Games--I decided to try my hand as some verse.

I just submitted the best two of a dozen little poems I've written over the past few days, and I thought I'd share one of the ones I didn't feel worth submitting.




HE RETURNS
The Black Pharaoh walks
the trackless sands of Egypt.
Dread fills sleeping minds.





If you can do better than that, you should consider sending Lester a poem or two. Submissions are open through 10/13/2012. For details about the project (and links to the Kickstarter page that goes with it), click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment