Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Monday, April 4, 2011

Obama Announces Reelection Bid

Today, Obama announced his reelection bid with, among other things, the clever slogan "Are You In?". You can read about it here, as well as watch a little campaign ad.

And, of course, you can visit B.O.'s campaign website. But you'll probably only want to do that if you're IN!

It will come as no surprise to regulars that I am not in. In fact, I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone on the national political scene I'd not vote for if the choice was between that person and the Liar-in-Chief screw-up currently squatting in the Oval Office. (I hope to God to never have to cast a vote for Sarah Palin, but if it comes to that, I'll take some anti-nausea medication and do it.)

Given, Obama's announcement, I guess I can announce this as the first post at Cinema Steve of the 2012 Election.


Here's hope: That Americans have learned that voting for presidential candidates whose main selling points are that they are novelty items ("America's first black president!" or "American's first woman president!" or "America's first triple amputee transsexual wall-eyed president!") will not result in change that is good for the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment