Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Friday, June 25, 2010

Who is to be protected by this effort?

This seems like a wonderful and worthy project.

Paris hosts cyber-shelter for oppressed bloggers

But does anyone know what would prompt Julliard to say, "If the CIA [...] want to get round it they can, but this will make things much more difficult"? Is there something that those more Enlightened/Informed than I can tell me about? Links would be nice.



I wonder what bloggers need protection from the CIA. Will Jean-Francois Julliard and the other good people at Reporters Without Borders be turning their efforts over to the likes of Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and the ETA? Those are the only kind of subhuman wastes of skin and cyberspace I can see the CIA caring about. Certainly, the CIA couldn't care less about "citizen journalists" in China or Iran. I wish it wasn't so--I wish we were HELPING them--but we sure as hell aren't hunting them. Or have I missed something?

Or is Julliard's comments just another example of our French "friends" feeling more sympathetic toward those who are dedicated to murdering Americans where ever they can find them?

No comments:

Post a Comment