I tend to pick through the many DVD multi-packs I own the way others go through boxes of fancy chocolates: I watch a movie here, watch a movie there... but the end result is that sometimes it takes me forever to finish a given set. Sometimes I never do, because one or more discs go missing in the pit that is my office.
This new series of posts will be a catalog of the DVD multi-packs I've actually managed to watch every movie in. It may not be much of an achievement, but I take my ego-boosts where I can find them! (Plus, it may save someone from buying a dog of a collection.)
Eventually, this post will be an index the posts indexes the reviews in the completed set. Each link here will provide a rating for the set generated by averaging the films in it.
The Completed Collections Index
Drop Dead Gore-geous (Horror Films and Thrillers from the 1980s): 3/10 Stars
Icons of Adventure (Adventure Period Films from Hammer in the 1960s): 7/10 Stars
Psychotic Connections (Horror Films from the 1980s and 1930s): 4/10 Stars
Savage Sickos (Horror Films and Thrillers from the 2000s): 3/10 Stars)
Tuneful Tuesday: The World Is Not Enough
-
The band's name is Garbage, but both this video and this song are far from
that. The video is supremely creepy, keeps you guessing what's coming next,
a...
14 hours ago

I admit, I still haven't seen all my episodes of the 60s "Thriller" tv series from England or the Hammer set I got a few years ago. I gotta sit down and do it some time. Writing always wins out. Argh! I need a day off just to finish the box sets. I still have the Jericho series staring me down, making me feel guilty.
ReplyDelete