Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The worst version of 'The Little Drummer Boy' ever recorded?

I've previously mentioned that one of my most favorite Christmas songs is "The Little Drummer Boy." Here's a modern arrangement I like very much that I posted during a previous Christmas.

And then there's this version by Justin Beiber. The the fact that it's by Justin Beiber made me expect it to be horrid, but I had no way of envisioning just how horrid.

The bizarre rap section in the middle makes me wonder if he (or anyone involved with producing it) had even the vaguest clue regarding the topic of the song. And even if one were to allow for a changing of meaning--that the baby referred to in the song isn't Jesus--it is still wildly inappropriate and out of place when the rest of the song is considered.

Maybe one has to be a Belieber to appreciate its genius?




Justin Bieber... does he hate Christmas or is he just stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment