Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Monday, May 23, 2011

This is CNN (!?!)

I can think of one person who will never be trusted with weekend copy-editing duties again.


That's a screen shot of a real headline from a CNN website. A headline that was fed to dozens of other sites that have set up auto-syndication with CNN.

I wouldn't have let a headline like that on the page of the college newspaper section I edited 20+ years ago, yet there it is on a dozen websites, brought to us by what is supposedly a major news organization.

I knew journalistic standards have slipped, but I had no idea how far. Maybe I should be applying for editorial jobs at newspapers and websites. Apparently, you don't actually need to possess any level of decorum or respectability. Looks like I should get back into the journalism field on a professional level, because I'd fit right in these days.

1 comment:

  1. I always suspected CNN was run by some most awesome aging hippies. If they're going to give us news, give it in references we can relate to. Hee hee LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete