Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ray Bradbury turns 90!

One of the greatest American authors, not to mention the greatest sci-fi/fantasy writer to ever walk the planet Earth, turns 90 today. Happy birthday, Ray Bradbury!


The writer of Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Martian Chronicles stories, and literally hundreds upon hundreds of spectacular short stories ranging from light-hearted satire to the darkest tales of horror, Bradbury is the one writer that anyone who claims to be a sci-fi fan MUST read. He's also the one writer that I loved as much today as I did when I was 11. I still read Something Wicked This Way Comes every year in October.

Bradbury truly is a man for all ages. But I think Rachel Bloom expresses love for Ray Bradbury far more strongly than I ever could. She also offers one of the weirdest and funniest tributes anyone has ever recorded to him.



Reportedly, Ray Bradbury watched the video and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment