Views & Reviews From Writer Steve Miller
Formerly Reviews and Stuff at Rotten Tomatoes, 2005 - 2009.

Currently Showing at Cinema Steve

Monday, May 2, 2011

Blogging A to Z: The Afterword

The originator of the Blogging A to Z April Challenge has asked that participant make posts about what they've learned this month.


Well, I learned that I CAN post nonsense every day on the Cinema Steve blog, but it comes at the expense of the other blogs. Usually, this blog sees two or three posts a week (at most) with two or three of my other blogs seeing a similar amount. While what went on here was merely a concentrated version of what usually happens here--with a post every day instead of every two-three days--the time spent here meant less posting happened elsewhere. Not good overall, I think. I also discovered a number of new and interesting blogs and greatly expanded the list ones I subscribe to but rarely have time to actually read. :)

By the time "S" approached, I had figured out to research posts for several blogs at once, hence the emergence of a Cab Calloway mini-postfest, with material appearing both here and at Shades of Gray. It's something that's happened on my blogs before, usually by accident more than design (unless it was a planned blogathon) but maybe it's something I'll try to do more often.

I've also confirmed that, despite an ever-growing number of hits, not many people make comments. The poll and direct appeal for them proved that. Oh well... I suppose I can be happy with the fact that they drop by!

If you missed any of the A to Z posts, here's a convenient list of them all.

A: April Fools Advice
B: Blues for Allah (music video)
C: Catwoman: The Catfiles (graphic novel review)
D: Doctor Who and the Pyramids of Mars (movie review)
E: Enemy Ace Archives (graphic novel reviews)
F: Fatboy Slim and Christopher Walken in Reverse! (music video)


G: Graphic Novels and Comic Book Reviews
H: Health Care AND Heroes
I: Infidelity Always Leads to Disaster (movie review)
J: John Carter's Eternal Love
K: Krazy Kat and the Heppy Land, Furfur Away
L: Late
M: Mike Oldfield (music videos)
N: Nobody
O: Office Staff AND Oatmeal at McDonald's (Food review)
P: The Pause that Refreshes


Q: Question of the Day
R: Relationship Advice AND Repent! (ya only gots 30 days left!)
S: Sesame Street: Then and Now (music videos)
T: Terrorist Twits
U: Unbelievable Stupidity (Jailbird Parade post)
V: 'Vampirella: The Dracula War' (graphic novel review)
W: W is for... Waresh, Wind, and Wave
X: Xtro: The Complete 'Trilogy' (movie reviews)
Y: You... yes, YOU!
Z: Zombie movies you may not have seen (but should)!

My thanks to everyone who dropped by in April. I hope you found something interesting or amusing during your stay! (And thanks to my regular readers. Please take the poll on the sidebar, so I know what emphasize as things settle back into the regular routine around here.)

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't come here if I didn't like coming here, mate. and I don't comment a lot because, to be honest, I'm boring and I've got nothing to say. you just keep posting the shit, I'll keep tuning in. deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect arrangement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it to the end of the Challenge. Glad you could come out and play with us.

    If I may speculate, and this from reading comments from many bloggers about this topic, it may be small white print on a black background. Many bloggers complain about sites that have this motif. If all blogs were like this I would have to stop or severely limit my blog reading as for me it is an eye killer.

    The white on black fits your blog theme well and aesthetically speaking it looks nice, but I'm just saying about when it comes to reading... That's one theory at least.

    Anyhow, it was good meeting you and good luck with your future blog antics.


    Don't forget to pick up your Winner's Badge at my site.
    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Since ALL my blogs use this same format, I'll have to look into coming up with something different.

    Does anyone out there have an idea what a good design is? Maybe I'll try to cycle through a few and see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the Challenge!
    I don't have any problem reading your blog, but I'm guessing you've already switched to black font by now. I've found posts that involve the reader and entice them to respond get more comments. (That and commenting on other blogs as well!)
    Hope you continue to gain readers. Nothing like a cool movie site!

    ReplyDelete